Corporate Commitment to Quality
Nova’s size and rapid growth are the result of customers throughout the world responding to the exceptional quality and value of Nova’s technology, products, and customer service. Our strong corporate commitment to these three areas has made Nova a world leader in clinical, veterinary, and biotechnology chemistry testing analyzers.
A Leader in Medical Science Technology
Maintaining leadership in any technology industry requires a long-term perspective and commitment to research and development. Nova Biomedical has consistently invested more than 10 percent of sales into research and development—more than double the industry average. Our investment in research and development provides a continuous product pipeline of new and better technology devices for our customers.
Core Values at Nova Biomedical
We practice our core values of mutual respect, honesty, and integrity throughout Nova. With a strong sense of family in the workplace, we are proud that one third of all our employees have been with us for over 10 years.
Safety and Health
We have an important responsibility to the safety and health of our employees. A multidisciplinary safety committee comprised of representatives from several departments meets regularly to proactively address any safety concern or regulation update. Jobs and tasks are evaluated to ensure safety for all employees.
Flourish in your field
Benefit from a strong and growing product portfolio, intensive and ongoing training, company car, expense account,
and results-based compensation, including uncapped commissions.
Research and Product Development:
Participate in a variety of challenging and new technology product development projects, working in cross-functional
teams to create innovative, world-class medical devices.
Join our team of business professionals in a variety of fields, including finance, customer service,
marketing, creative services, facilities, and human resources.
Quality and Regulatory Affairs:
Support the growth of Nova’s new products with FDA, CE Mark, and other international licensing submissions,
and compliance oversight, device labeling, validation studies, and quality system audits.
Assist our customers in many different ways, including onsite and online operator training, field assistance, IT connectivity management,
clinical and biotechnology applications, validation studies, and multiple technical support hotlines.
Hourly manufacturing comprises half of our workforce in the U.S., and many of our temporary,
entry-level positions lead to full-time employment within three months.
We train and promote leaders from within the company.
Our comprehensive benefits begin on your first day of hire. Full-time, U.S.-based employees can enjoy:
- Choice of Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance plans, with significant company contribution
- Delta Dental insurance
- Fidelity 401(k) plan with company contribution
- Disability and life insurance
- 15 days of paid time off in the first year and 10 company holidays
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and childcare expenses
- Tuition reimbursement
- In-house physical therapist for work-and non-work-related discomfort
- Free flu shots
Additional employee offerings:
- Unique scholarship program for children of employees, which awards over $200,000 annually in merit-based scholarships
- Free parking, access to public transportation, and close proximity to train station
- Subsidized cafeteria
- Locker rooms and showers
- In-house travel assistance
Nova is defined by our commitment to innovation and technology leadership and our core value of treating everyone with respect.
Our goal for all employees is to achieve work-life balance that maximizes their professional and personal growth.
As a company with a strong sense of family, we believe in work with social interaction. Nova’s Employee Activities Committee arranges regular social events such as:
- Family Christmas and holiday party with gifts for children of employees
- BBQs and ice cream socials
- Halloween costume contest
- Red Sox Opening Day event
Additional activities for Nova employees include:
- Concierge services that range from discounted and convenient dry cleaning to discounted movie theater and amusement park tickets
- Nova Softball Team, basketball, and golf activities
- International Toastmasters Club
Just steps outside our Waltham door, enjoy the Charles River Walkway, the Blue Heron Trail, and the vibrant culture and restaurants of Moody Street.